Our customer support team may ask you to generate a HAR file when trying to troubleshoot complex issues.
HAR (stands for HTTP Archive) contains information of web requests taking place in the browser. Providing HAR files enables us to analyze potential performance and page rendering issues.
1. Open Google Chrome, then go to the page where you are experiencing issues.
2. Click View –> Developer –> Developer Tools.
3. The Samepage team member will instruct you to select the Network tab and/or Console tab.
4. Confirm there is a red 'recording' circle (if you see a gray circle, click it to start recording).
Important: Make sure to to record after you log in to Samepage, so your login information is not recorded.
5. Mark the following boxes:
6. Click the Clear button to clear out any existing logs.
7. Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing.
8. Once you are done, the Samepage team member will instruct you:
9. Upload your HAR file to your ticket/email so that we may analyze it.
1. Open the Samepage Desktop App.
2. Go to Help;and then click "Record network traffic".
3. Choose a location where you'd like to save the HAR file. After choosing a location, a recording will begin and continue for 3 minutes unless you choose to stop recording manually. To stop recording manually, return to the Help dialog and choose "Stop recording."