Set Notification Preferences
Help Center > Articles > Personal Settings
You can customize notification alerts and receive email summaries of any missed messages. You can also turn notifications up or down for specific teams and/or pages.
Samepage sends real-time notifications to your desktop or mobile device for:
- new chat messages (in 1:1 chat or in a team you belong)
- new tasks assigned to you
- completed tasks you've assigned to others
- new and updated event invitations
Your notification options and their meanings are:
- Show red dot and notify me (You'll be notified about all messages)
- Show red dot (You won't get a notification but you'll see the red dot)
- Nothing (You won't even see the red dot)
You can manage these notifications in the Inbox. To get more information about the Inbox click here.
Note - if you belong to multiple organizations in Samepage, you will need to set your notification preferences for each organization.
Changing Your Notification Preferences
- Click on your User Avatar in the lower left corner.
- Click Notifications.
- Select your notification preferences.
Setting Notifications at Team Level
- In the team panel select the team and click to enter it.
- Inside the team, to the right of the team name, click the gear icon.
- Select Notifications and then the type of notification that you want for that particular team.
Setting Notifications at Page Level
- In the Document select the 3 dot menu at the top of the page.
- Select Notifications and then the type of notification that you want for that particular page.
Manage Team and Page Notifications
You can manage all Team and Page notifications in the Notification section.
To remove a notification click the X to the right of the notification.
To change the notification click on the drop down and adjust the notification to your new preference.