Main Navigation Menu
Help Center > Articles > Getting Started
The Main Navigation menu is the control center for Samepage and where you go to access your teams, pages, tasks, calendar, and more.
You can view at a glance all your red dot notifications from the main nav. These red dots indicate new tasks or unread messages in your teams and private conversations.
Using the Main Navigation
The main nav is located on the left side of your screen. Simply hover over the dock to expand the menu.
At the top of the main nav, you'll see your organization (if you belong to more than one org, you'll see a drop-down option to access other orgs).
Directly below your org, you'll see the Search option to find pages, people, or content.
From the main nav, you can directly access the following:
- To Review - shows any page or conversation you've marked to review later.
- My Tasks - view and manage tasks you've created and tasks assigned to you.
- My Calendar - view and manage events from all your teams.
- My Teams - lists the teams you've accessed and belong to. Click the magnifying glass to see and join open teams in your organization.
- Create Team - create a new team.
- More Teams - lists any teams you visited (but do not belong to).
- Invite People - Invite new members to your organization.
- Chat With - chat 1:1 or with a group.
Quick Tip: You can hide any team (except the Everyone team!) or chat conversation to unclutter your main navigation menu. Hover to the right of the team or chat and click "x".
At the bottom of the main nav is Settings (gear icon). Clicking on Settings will pop up options for you to manage your organization and user preferences.
From Settings, you can access the following:
- Settings - manage org subscription, select default language, delete organization
- People - manage members and guests
- Usage - view page and storage consumption
- Manage Subscription - view and manage account details (accessible to admins only)
- Enter Content Manager Mode - access all teams and pages in the organization (accessible to Pro admins only)
- Trash - view and restore deleted pages
- User Settings - manage user preferences
- What's New - view new features and improvements to Samepage
- Help - access Samepage Help Center
- Logout - log out of Samepage
- Close - close the Settings menu